Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions section.
Remove or disconnect the following:
Negative battery cable
- Place matchmarks on the halfshaft and the side gear shaft. Remove the 6 hex bolts and 2 washers.
- Hold the inboard joint side of the halfshaft so the outboard joint side does not bend too much. Tap the end of the halfshaft with a rubber mallet to loosen it from the axle hub and remove the halfshaft.
- Insert the outboard joint side of the halfshaft through the axle hub. Align the matchmarks on the side gear shaft and the halfshaft.
- Coat the threads with clean oil and install the hex bolts. Tighten the bolts to 61 ft. lbs. (83 Nm).
Install or connect the following:
Exhaust pipe support brackets, if removed, and tighten to 14 ft. lbs. (19 Nm)