Removal & Installation
- Raise and support the vehicle.
- Remove wheel and tire assembly.
- Remove the caliper slide bolts .
- Remove caliper .
- Secure caliper assembly to nearby suspension part with wire. Do not allow brake hose to support caliper weight.
- Remove and discard the O-ring securing rotor to axle studs.
Remove rotor off axle studs.
- Install rotor on axle studs.
- Install the caliper assembly.
- Install caliper slide bolts.
- Install wheel and tire assembly.
- Remove support and lower the vehicle.
- Pump brake pedal until caliper pistons and brake shoes are seated.
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions section.
- Remove brake caliper and brake pads.
- Put matchmarks on the front disc and the axle hub.
- Remove the front disc.
Align the matchmarks, and install the front disc.
NOTEWhen replacing the disc with a new one, select the installation position where the front disc has the minimum runout.
- Install the brake pads and brake caliper assembly.