The lower control arm bushings are serviced with the control arms as complete assemblies, with the exception of the front upper axle bushing, which may be replaced after removing the upper control arm.
Removal & Installation
- Raise the vehicle and support the rear axle.
- Remove the lower suspension arm nut and bolt from the axle bracket
- Remove the nut and bolt from the frame rail and remove the lower suspension arm.
Position the lower suspension arm in the axle bracket and frame rail bracket.
NOTEThe end of the arm with the oval bushing attaches to the axle bracket.
- Install the axle bracket bolt and nut finger tight.
- Install the frame rail bracket bolt and nut finger tight.
- Remove the supports and lower the vehicle.
- With the vehicle on the ground tighten the nut at the frame to 115 ft. lbs. (156 Nm).
- Tighten the nut at the axle bracket to 120 ft. lbs. (163 Nm).