Removal & Installation
- Raise and support the vehicle.
- Support the rear axle with a jack stand.
- Remove the park brake cables and brake hose from the arm.
- Remove the ball joint nut from the top of the upper suspension arm.
- Separate ball joint from the arm with Remover 8278.
- Remove the upper suspension arm mounting bolts and remove the arm.
- Position the upper suspension arm in the frame rail brackets.
- Install the mounting bolts and tighten to 74 ft. lbs. (100 Nm)
- Pull the arm down on the ball joint stud and install a new nut. Tighten the nut to 105 ft. lbs. (142 Nm)
- Install the park brake cables and brake hose to the arm.
- Remove the supports and lower the vehicle.