The Engine Coolant Temperature (ECT) sensor is located on the top front area of the engine.
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions section.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable. Wait at least 90 seconds before performing any other work.
- To access the ECT sensor, it may be necessary to remove the intake manifold, throttle body assembly, or only the intake air connector pipe.
- Disconnect the ECT sensor connector.
- Using a deep socket, remove the sensor from the top of the engine.
- Remove the gasket from the sensor.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure.
- Tighten the ECT sensor to 15 ft. lbs. (20 Nm).