SC 300 And SC 400
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions section.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable. Wait 90 seconds before doing any further work while the airbag system de-energizes.
Drain the engine coolant from the radiator. It is not necessary to drain out all coolant.
Disconnect the following parts from the heater water control valve (water valve):
- Remove the 2 bolts.
- Loosen the hose band (hose clamp), then pull off the water hose.
- Remove the heater water control valve.
- Install the heater water control valve.
- Install the water hose and clamp.
- Install the 2 bolts.
- Connect the electrical connector to the valve.
Connect the vacuum hose to the valve.
- Push the water hose onto the water valve pipe until the pipe is completely hidden.
- Install the hose clip in a position where about 0.039 inch (1mm) of the marking on the hose can be seen.
- Refill the engine cooling system.
- Connect the negative battery cable.