- Connect quick disconnect adapter to charging hoses.
- Remove caps from service valves on refrigerant lines.
- Close both hand valves of manifold gauge set.
- Connect the quick disconnect adapters of the set to the service valves.
Evacuate air from the refrigeration system as follows:
- Connect the vacuum pump adapter to the vacuum pump.
- Connect the center hose of the manifold gauge set to the vacuum pump adapter.
- Open both the high and low hand valves and run the vacuum pump.
After 10 minutes or more, check that the low pressure gauge indicates 30 in. Hg (750 mmHg) or more.
NOTEIf the reading is 30 in. Hg (750 mmHg) or more, close both hand valves of manifold gauge set and stop the vacuum pump. Check the system for leaks and repair if necessary.
- Close both the high and low hand valves and stop the vacuum pump.
- Leave the system in this condition for 5 minutes or more and check that there is no gauge indicator.