- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions section.
- Place the front wheels facing straight ahead.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable. Wait at least 90 seconds before performing any work.
- Remove the lower steering wheel cover.
- Remove connector cover.
- Disconnect the connector and remove the steering pad switch.
- Remove the horn button assembly.
Remove the steering wheel assembly as follows:
- Remove the steering wheel assy set nut.
- Place matchmarks on the steering wheel assy and steering main shaft assy.
- Using SST 09950-50013 (09951-05010, 09952-05010, 09953-05020, 09954-05021), remove the steering wheel assy.
- Align the matchmarks on the steering wheel assy and steering main shaft assy.
- Install the steering wheel assy set nut and tighten to 37 ft. lbs. (50 Nm).
- Install the horn button assembly.
- Connect the connector, then install the steering pad switch with the 2 screws.
- Install the connector cover.
- Install the lower steering wheel cover.
- Inspect operation of the SRS warning light.