Removal & Installation
- Raise the vehicle and support it safely.
- Remove the wheels.
- Remove the clip, pins and anti-rattle spring.
- Withdraw the pads and remove the anti-squeal shims.
- Before installing the new pads, check the disc thickness and disc runout.
- Siphon out a small amount of brake fluid from the reservoir.
- Press in the pistons with a hammer handle or equivalent.
- Apply disc brake grease to both sides of the inner anti-squeal shim. Install the anti-squeal shims to the new pads.
- Install the pads.
- Install the anti-rattle springs and pins. Install the clip.
- Install the wheels.
- Check and adjust the fluid level. Apply the brake pedal several times.
- Road-test the vehicle for proper operation.