Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the precautions section.
- Remove the wheel.
- Drain the differential oil.
- Remove the cotter pin and cap, then remove the hub nut.
- Remove the speed sensor wiring harness. Remove the sensor.
- Remove the tie rod end from the knuckle.
Remove the 2 bolts and separate the lower arm from the ball joint.
- Remove the halfshaft using a slide hammer and adapter. Keep the halfshaft level when carrying it.
- Coat the inboard end splines of the halfshaft with clean ATF.
- Align the splines and drive the halfshaft into place with a brass drift.
- Install a new snapring with the opening facing down.
- Install the sensor. Torque to 10 ft. lbs. (13 Nm). Connect the wire harness.
- Connect the arm to the ball joint. Torque to 166 ft. lbs. (225 Nm).
- Connect the tie rod end. Torque to 67 ft. lbs. (91 Nm). The nut can be advanced up to 60 degrees to align the cotter pin hole.
- Install the hub nut. Torque to 173 ft. lbs. (235 Nm). Install the cap and a new cotter pin.
- Fill the differential.
- Install the wheel. Torque to 83 ft. lbs. (112 Nm).