Removal & Installation
- Remove the strut.
- Place the strut in a compressor, such as SST 09727-30021, and compress the spring.
Hold the rod and remove the nut.
NOTEDon-t use an impact wrench.
- Remove the bushing retainer
- Remove the upper bushing.
- Remove the support.
- Remove the lower bushing retainer.
- Remove the spring.
- Remove the lower bushing.
- Install the new lower bushing.
- Compress the spring and install it.
- Install the bushing retainer.
- Install the suspension support.
- Install the upper bushing.
Install the retainer.
- Align the support, rod and bushing as shown. Install the locknut and torque to 18 ft. lbs. (25 Nm).
- Release the spring from the compressor and check the alignment of the parts.
- Install the strut.