- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the precautions section.
No adjustment is possible. Check for axle hub backlash and axle hub deviation. If either exceeds 0.0020 in., replace the bearing.
Removal & Installation
- Remove the wheel.
- Remove the caliper.
- Remove the hub grease cap.
- Remove the cotter pin.
- Remove the hub nut.
- Remove the speed sensor.
- Remove the stabilizer links from the knuckles.
- Remove the tie rod end from the knuckle.
- Remove the lower arm from the knuckle.
- Remove the upper arm from the knuckle.
- Remove the hub/knuckle assembly from the shaft.
- Mount the assembly in a vise.
- Remove the knuckle oil seal.
- Remove the 4 bolts and remove the hub assembly from the knuckle.
- Using SST 09710-30021 and its components, remove the bearing from the hub.
- Remove the oil seal.
Using a seal driver, install a new seal.
NOTETake care to avoid damage to the spacer.
- Press a new bearing into the hub.
- Coat a new O-ring with MP grease and install it in the hub.
- Attach the hub to the knuckle. Torque to 59 ft. lbs. (80 Nm).
- Install a new knuckle oil seal.
The remainder of installation is the reverse of removal. Observe the following torques:
Upper arm ball stud nut: 81 ft. lbs. (110 Nm)