Removal & Installation
- Remove the ignition coils.
- Using a 16 mm plug wrench, remove the spark plugs.
- Clean the spark plugs.
- If the electrode has traces of wet carbon, allow it to dry and then clean with a spark plug cleaner.
- Check the spark plug for thread damage and insulator damage. If abnormal, replace the spark plug.
- Adjust the spark plug electrode gap. Electrode gap for new spark plug is 1.0 to 1.1 mm (0.039 to 0.043 in.).
- Using a 16 mm plug wrench, install the spark plugs and tighten to 17.5 Nm (13 ft lbs)
- Reinstall the ignition coils.