Removal & Installation
- Press the height control switch to disable the system.
- Support the axle carrier with a jack.
- Remove the deck side trim cover.
- Remove the wheel.
- Disconnect the stabilizer link from the strut.
- Disconnect the height control sensor at the strut.
- Disconnect the height control tube at the strut.
- On 2-wheel drive models, disconnect the skid control sensor wire and brake hose from the strut and carrier.
- On 4-wheel drive models, disconnect the brake hose and speed sensor from the strut and carrier.
- Loosen the 2 nuts at the lower end of the strut, but don-t remove them.
- Remove the 3 upper strut nuts and lower the axle.
- Remove the lower strut bolts and nuts. Lift out the strut.
- Coat new O-rings and plate with multi-purpose grease and install them on the tube.
- Connect the height control tube. It helps to push the tube into place with a piece of rolled up cardboard. Push the connector into place until a click is heard. Turn the connection 90 degrees and lightly pull on the tube to make sure it-s secure.
- Position the strut and install the 3 upper nuts. Torque to 43 ft. lbs. (58 Nm).
- Raise the axle and install the lower bolts and nuts. Torque to 133 ft. lbs. (180 Nm).
The remainder of installation is the reverse of removal. Observe the following torques:
Brake hose clamp: 14 ft. lbs. (19 Nm)