- Drain the engine coolant.
- Remove the engine under cover.
- Remove the air cleaner cap w/inlet.
- Remove the radiator grille.
- Disconnect the radiator inlet hose from the radiator assembly.
- Disconnect the radiator outlet hose from the radiator assembly.
Separate the hood lock assembly, as follows:
- Detach the claws and remove the hood lock control cover.
- Remove the 3 bolts, and separate the hood lock.
Remove the radiator upper support sub-assembly, as follows:
- Remove the bolt and separate the suction tube bracket.
- Disconnect the horn connectors.
- Remove the 5 bolts and the radiator support upper.
- Remove the fan shroud, as follows:
Install the fan shroud:
- Install the 4 bolts and fan shroud to the radiator with the 4 bolts. Tighten to 69 inch lbs. (7.8 Nm).
- Install the radiator reserve tank hose.
Install the radiator support upper with the 5 bolts. Tighten to 62 inch lbs. (7.0 Nm).
NOTESecure the upper member with the retaining claws of the radiator upper support.
- Connect the horn connector.
- Install the suction tube bracket with the bolt and tighten to 87 inch lbs. (9.8 Nm).
Install the hood lock assembly:
- Install the hood lock with the 3 bolts and tighten to 71 inch lbs. (8.0 Nm).
- Install the hood lock cover.
- Install the 2 screws.
- Connect the radiator inlet and outlet hoses to the radiator.
- Install the air cleaner cap w/inlet.
Adjust hood lock assembly, as follows:
- Adjust the hood lock:
Using a prytool, or a screwdriver with its tip taped to prevent damage, disengage the clips and remove the hood lock release lever cover.
- Loosen the 3 bolts.
Adjust the hood lock position so that the lock will come in, by moving the lock.
- Tighten the hood lock bolts after the adjustment to 71 inch lbs. (8 Nm).
- Add the proper type and amount of engine coolant.
- Check for engine coolant leaks.
- Install the engine under cover.
- If necessary, perform the initialization procedure, as outlined in the Chassis Electrical System.