Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Remove the timing belt.
- Remove the timing belt plate.
- Install the crankshaft pulley bolts to the crankshaft.
Using Special Tool 09950-50013 or equivalent, remove the crankshaft timing pulley.
- Using a knife, cut off the oil seal lip.
Using a suitable pry tool, pry out the oil seal.
CAUTIONUse tape on the tip of the pry tool to prevent damage to the crankshaft.
- Apply MP grease to a new oil seal lip.
- Using Special Tool 09223-00010 or suitable seal installer and hammer, tap in a new oil seal until its surface is flush with the oil pump edge.
Align the keyway of the crankshaft timing pulley with the key located on the crankshaft and slide the pulley into place.
NOTEDo not scratch the sensor area of the crankshaft timing pulley.
- Install the timing belt plate. Tighten to 71 inch lbs. (8 Nm).
- Install the timing belt.
- If necessary, perform the initialization procedure, as outlined in the Chassis Electrical System.
- Start the engine and check for leaks.