Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Relieve the fuel system pressure.
- Drain the engine oil.
- Drain the coolant from the engine radiator and hybrid transaxle.
- Remove the service plug grip, found underneath the Battery Service cover on the rear seat. Wait 5 minutes to discharge the high voltage capacitor.
Remove or disconnect the following:
Negative battery cable
- Loosen the intake manifold mounting bolts in several steps, in sequence as shown.
Remove the intake manifold and gaskets.
Install the intake manifold and gaskets. Tighten the bolts in sequence to 11 ft. lbs. (15 Nm).
Install or connect the following:
Fuel injector connectors
- Refill the engine oil to the correct level.
- Refill the coolant to the engine radiator and hybrid transaxle to the correct level.
- Replace the service plug grip.
- If necessary, perform the initialization procedure, as outlined in the Chassis Electrical System.
- Start the engine and check for leaks.