Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
Remove or disconnect the following:
Engine splash shields
Using Special Tool 095020-01010, remove the halfshaft from the transaxle.
- Install a new halfshaft hole snapring.
- Coat the splines of the inboard joint shaft assembly with ATF.
Align the shaft splines and install the halfshaft assembly with a brass drift and hammer.
- The remainder of installation is the reverse order of removal.
Fill the transaxle with gear oil, install the fender apron, check front end alignment and test drive.
NOTEIf the cotter pin holes do not align, always correct by tightening the nut until the next hole aligns.
- Install a new cotter pin.