Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Relieve the fuel system pressure.
Remove or disconnect the following:
Negative battery cable
Remove the fuel pump assembly from the tank as follows:
- Disconnect the fuel pump connector.
- Disconnect the clamp and vapor pressure sensor connector.
- Remove the hose joint clip and clamp. Pull out the fuel hose.
- Remove the mounting bolts and pull the fuel pump assembly from the tank.
Install a the fuel pump assembly into the tank with a new gasket.
NOTEAlign the fuel tank vent tube set plate with the cutout on the fuel pump assembly.
- Install the fuel connector plate and tighten the bolts to 53 inch lbs. (6 Nm).
- The remainder of installation is the reverse order of removal.
- If necessary, perform the initialization procedure, as outlined in the Chassis Electrical System.