Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Relieve the fuel system pressure.
- Drain the cooling system.
Remove or disconnect the following:
Negative battery cable
- Remove the mounting bolt and separate fuel hose No. 1
- Remove the fuel pressure pulsation damper and gaskets.
Remove the fuel hose No. 2 union bolt and gaskets.
- Disconnect the wiring at the injectors.
- Remove the 4 bolts and each fuel rail with the injectors still attached.
- Pull each injector from the fuel rail..
- Install new O-rings on each injector. Apply a light coating of gasoline to the O-rings and mating points on the pipes.
Using a twisting motion, install the injectors on the pipes.
NOTEBe careful to avoid twisting the O-rings. After installation, check that the injectors turn smoothly. If not, use new O-rings.
- Install the pipes and injectors.
- Loosely install the bolts and make sure that the injectors still turn freely. If not, replace the O-rings.
- Torque the bolts to 84 inch lbs. (10 Nm).
The remainder of installation is the reverse of removal. Observe the following torques:
Fuel hose No. 2 union bolt: 24 ft. lbs. (33 Nm)
- If necessary, perform the initialization procedure, as outlined in the Chassis Electrical System.