- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Center the steering wheel to place the front wheels facing straight ahead.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Matchmark and disconnect the intermediate shaft.
- Remove the wheels.
- Separate the tie rods.
- Remove the engine/transaxle assembly.
- Remove the power steering gear from the front frame assembly.
- Install the power steering gear to the front frame assembly. Tighten the mounting bolts to 52 ft. lbs. (70 Nm).
- Install the engine/transaxle assembly.
The remainder of installation is the reverse of removal. Observe the following torques:
Tie rod end nuts: 36 ft. lbs. (49 Nm)
- Perform the initialization procedure, as outlined in the Chassis Electrical System.