Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Remove the rear wheel.
- Disconnect and remove the speed sensor.
- Remove the brake disc and brake caliper assembly.
- Remove the axle shaft nut.
- Disconnect the rear control arms.
- Disconnect the strut rod.
- Push the rear axle carrier sub-assembly towards the outside and separate the shaft from the carrier.
- Remove the shaft, keeping it level.
Align the shaft splines and install the shaft with a brass bar and hammer.
NOTESet the snapring with the opening side facing downward. Keep the shaft level.
- Push the carrier towards the inside and insert the shaft.
- Connect the control arms and strut rod with the fasteners hand-tight. Tighten all fasteners with the suspension loaded.
The remainder of installation is the reverse of removal. Observe the following torques:
Axle shaft nut: 217 ft. lbs. (294 Nm)