- Remove the rear wiper arm cover.
- Remove the nut, then remove the rear wiper arm.
- Remove rear wiper motor grommet
- Remove assist strap hole cover
- Remove assist strap bolt and strap.
Using a clip remover, remove the 16 clips and back door trim panel assy.
- Remove rear wiper motor, as follows:
Install rear wiper motor, as follows:
- Install the rear wiper motor with the 3 bolts and tighten to 48 inch lbs. (5.5 Nm).
- Connect the connector.
Install rear wiper motor grommet, as shown in the illustration, with its mark at the 12 o-clock position.
Install rear wiper arm, as follows:
- Clean the rear wiper pivot serration with a wire brush.
Stop the rear wiper motor at the automatic stop position. Install the ear wiper arm at the position shown in the illustration. Tighten the nut to 48 inch lbs. (5.5 Nm).
NOTEHold down the arm hinge with hand to fasten a nut.
- Operate the rear wiper while running the water or the washer fluid over the rear window, and check the wiping condition and that the rear wiper does not hit against the vehicle body.
- Perform the initialization procedure, as outlined in the Chassis Electrical System.