Removal & Installation
Remove the right windshield wiper arm cover
- Remove the right wiper arm, as follows:
- Stop the front wiper motor at the automatic stop position.
- Remove the nut to remove the right front wiper arm.
- Remove the left windshield wiper arm cover
- Remove the nut, then remove the left front wiper arm.
Remove cowl top ventilator louver, as follows:
- Remove the 6 claws.
- Remove the 2 clips.
- Remove the 9 claws to remove the cowl top ventilator louver.
- Remove windshield wiper link assembly, as follows:
- Remove the windshield wiper motor as follows:
Install the windshield wiper motor, as follows:
- Apply multi-purpose grease to the clank arm pivot of the windshield wiper motor assy.
- Using a Torx® socket wrench, install the windshield wiper motor with the 2 bolts to the windshield wiper link. Tighten to 48 inch lbs. (5.4 Nm).
Install the windshield wiper link, as follows:
- Engage the meshing of the rubber pin.
- Install the windshield wiper link with the 2 bolts and tighten to 61 inch lbs. (7 Nm).
- Connect the connecter.
- Install the left wiper arm:
Install the right front wiper arm:
- Clean the wiper pivot serration with the with brush.
Position the front wiper arm passenger side with a nut in the way that the front wiper blade on the position shown in the illustration. Tighten to 17 ft. lbs. (24 Nm).
- Operate the wiper while running the water or the washer fluid over the window, and check the wiping condition and that the wiper does not hit against the vehicle body.
- Perform the initialization procedure, as outlined in the Chassis Electrical System.