ABS system bleeding requires conventional bleeding methods plus use of the DRB scan tool. The procedure involves performing a base brake bleeding, followed by use of the scan tool to cycle and bleed the HCU pump and solenoids. A second base brake bleeding procedure is then required to remove any air remaining in the system.
- Perform base brake bleeding.
- Connect scan tool to the Data Link Connector.
- Select ANTILOCK BRAKES, followed by MISCELLANEOUS, then ABS BRAKES. Follow the instructions displayed.
- When scan tool displays TEST COMPLETE, disconnect scan tool and proceed.
- Perform base brake bleeding a second time.
- Top off master cylinder fluid level and verify proper brake operation before moving vehicle.