The blower motor is located on the passenger side of the vehicle under the instrument panel. The blower motor can be removed without having to remove the instrument panel or the HVAC housing.
- Disconnect and isolate the negative battery cable.
- Disconnect the wire harness connector from the blower motor .
- Release the locking tab that secures the blower motor to the HVAC housing and rotate blower motor counterclockwise.
- Rotate and tilt the blower motor as needed for clearance to remove the blower motor and wheel from the HVAC housing.
Failure to install the blower motor assembly correctly could result in an air leak or the blower motor assembly becoming completely disengaged from the HVAC housing.
- Align and install the blower motor into the HVAC housing.
- Rotate the blower motor until all of the locking tabs have secured the blower motor assembly to the HVAC housing.
- Connect the wire harness connector to the blower motor.
- Reconnect the battery negative cable.
- Test the blower motor for proper installation by turning the blower motor speed to its fastest position and checking around the outer edges of the blower assembly for air leaks. If any air leaks are found, remove and reinstall the blower motor.