Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions section.
- With vehicle in neutral, position vehicle on hoist
- Remove fasteners attaching slave cylinder to clutch housing.
- Remove slave cylinder from clutch housing.
- Disengage clutch fluid line from body clips.
- Lower vehicle.
- Verify clutch master cylinder reservoir cap is tight.
- Remove clutch master cylinder attaching nuts.
- Disengage captured bushing on clutch master cylinder actuator from pivot pin on pedal arm.
- Slide actuator off pivot pin.
- Disconnect clutch interlock safety switch wires.
Remove clutch hydraulic linkage through engine compartment.
- Tighten clutch master cylinder cap.
- Position connecting line and slave cylinder downward past engine and next to clutch housing.
- Position clutch master cylinder on dash panel.
- Install clutch master cylinder actuator on clutch pedal pivot pin.
- Install clutch master cylinder and tighten nuts to 28 ft. lbs. (38 Nm).
- Insert slave cylinder push rod through clutch housing opening and into release lever. Be sure cap on end of rod is securely engaged in lever. Check this before installing cylinder attaching nuts.
- Install slave cylinder and tighten nuts to 17 ft. lbs. (23 Nm).
- Secure clutch fluid line in body and transmission clips.
- Connect clutch interlock safety switch wires.