Removal & Installation
Review the high pressure fuel system warning before beginning repair
No sparks, open flames or smoking. Risk of poisoning from inhaling and swallowing fuel. Risk of injury to eyes and skin from contact with fuel. Pour fuels only into suitable and appropriately marked containers. Wear protective clothing.
- Disconnect negative battery cable.
- Remove fuel rail
Clamp fuel rail securely in vise with protective jaws.
CAUTIONOnce removed, the solenoid must always be replaced. Counterhold and unscrew the fuel pressure solenoid.
- Position the fuel rail into a soft jawed vise.
- Screw the fuel pressure solenoid to the fuel rail until hand tight.
Tighten the fuel rail solenoid as follows :
Tighten the nut to 44 ft. lbs. (60 Nm).
- Connect negative battery cable.
- Start engine, allow to warm, turn engine off and inspect for leaks.