Removal & Installation
Review the high pressure fuel system warning before beginning repair
- Disconnect negative battery cable.
- Remove fuel rail
Clamp fuel rail securely in vise with protective jaws.
CAUTIONOnce removed, the solenoid must always be replaced. Counterhold and unscrew the fuel pressure solenoid.
- Position the fuel rail into a soft jawed vise.
- Screw the fuel pressure solenoid to the fuel rail until hand tight.
Tighten the fuel rail solenoid as follows :
Tighten the nut to 44 ft. lbs. (60 Nm).
- Connect negative battery cable.
- Start engine, allow to warm, turn engine off and inspect for leaks.