Removal & Installation
- Remove the transmission.
- Paint mark the flexplate hub-to-flexplate relation.
- Remove the 40 mm flexplate bolts and flexplate.
- Inspect flexplate for damage.
Do Not lubricate new bolts as they are already coated with an anti-scuff treatment. Align the flexplate to hub paint marks, where applicable.
- Install the flexplate hub and hand tighten the fasteners .
- Tighten each flexplate hub fastener to 37 ft. lbs. (50 Nm) in a clockwise cross sequence.
- At this point, loosen one flexplate adaptor fastener, and with a torque wrench and angle gauge, tighten the fastener to 19 ft. lbs. (25 Nm), plus 60 degrees.
- Perform the above procedure for the remaining flexplate adaptor bolts in a clockwise cross sequence.
- Install the flexplate locating pin.
- Install the flexplate to the hub and install the fasteners. Tighten the flexplate fasteners in a cross sequence to 32.5 ft. lbs. (44 Nm) .
- Install the transmission.