Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the precautions in the beginning of this section.
- Remove flexplate/flywheel assembly.
- Paint mark or scribe a witness mark on the engine block to be used for alignment purposes during assembly.
- Pry out old crankshaft oil seal.
- Using special tool VM.1050, install rear crankshaft oil seal in rear main bearing support.
- Install engine or transmission in vehicle.
To prevent potential oil leaks, DO NOT touch or separate the rear crankshaft inner seal from the seal cup. When replacing the rear crankshaft carrier, DO NOT touch or separate the seal cup from the rear oil seal. Always handle the components as an assembly and from their outer diameter.
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions section.
Remove or disconnect the following:
- Thread Oil Seal Remover 8506 into the rear main seal as far as possible and remove the rear main seal.
Install or connect the following:
Seal Guide 8349-2 onto the crankshaft
- Start the engine, check for leaks and repair if necessary.