Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions section.
- Remove the crankshaft vibration damper.
- Remove the generator drive belt tensioner assembly.
- Remove the timing belt front cover bolts, and remove the covers.
- Install the timing belt front covers. Tighten the fasteners to 60 inch lbs. (7 Nm).
- Install the generator drive belt tensioner.
- Install the crankshaft vibration damper.
- Disconnect negative battery cable.
- Remove engine cover.
- Remove cooling fan and fan drive viscous clutch assembly.
- Remove accessory drive belt.
- Remove cooling fan support.
- Remove vibration damper.
- Rotate the engine to 90 degrees ATDC.
- Remove timing belt outer cover.
- Remove timing belt.
- Remove timing belt idler pulleys.
- Using special tool VM.1085, remove camshaft sprockets .
- Remove timing belt tensioner .
- Remove timing belt inner cover retaining bolts and remove cover .
Rotate crankshaft hub to 90 degrees ATDC, or the three O-clock position.
- Install timing belt inner cover to engine front cover seal .
- Install timing belt inner cover to cylinder head cover gaskets .
- Install timing belt inner cover and retaining bolts. Torque 10mm bolts to 35 ft. lbs. (47.1 Nm) and 8mm bolts to 96 inch lbs. (10.8 Nm.).
- Install timing belt idler pulleys (.
- Install camshaft sprockets. Han