Removal & Installation
- Remove the timing belt.
- Remove the timing belt idler pulley.
- Hold the camshaft sprocket with Special Tool 6847, or equivalent, while removing the bolt. Remove both cam sprockets.
- Remove the rear timing belt cover fasteners and remove the cover from engine.
- Remove the lower bolt attaching the timing belt tensioner assembly to engine and remove the tensioner as an assembly.
- Align the timing belt tensioner assembly to engine and install the lower mounting bolt but do not tighten. To properly align the tensioner assembly, install one of the engine bracket mounting bolts (M10) 5 to 7 turns into the tensioner-s upper mounting location.
- Torque the tensioner-s lower mounting bolt to 45 ft. lbs. (61 Nm). Remove the upper bolt used for tensioner alignment.
- Install the rear timing belt cover and fasteners.
- Install the timing belt idler pulley and torque the mounting bolt to 45 ft. lbs. (61 Nm).
- Install the camshaft sprockets. Use Special Tool 6847 to hold the sprockets. Torque the bolts to 75 ft. lbs. (101 Nm).
- Install the timing belt.