Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions section.
- Raise and support the vehicle.
- Support the rear axle with a hydraulic jack.
- Remove the ball joint pinch bolt from the top of the axle.
- Separate the ball joint arm assembly from the differential housing by prying upwards.
- Remove the upper suspension arm from the vehicle.
- Secure the suspension arm in a vise.
- Install special tools C-4212F (press), 8861-3 (driver) and 8861-2 (receiver).
Press out the old ball joint.
- Install special tools C-4212F (press), 8861-1 (receiver) and 8861-2 (driver) with the ball joint in place.
- Press the ball joint in the upper suspension arm.
- Remove the upper suspension arm from the vise.
- Reinstall the upper suspension arm.
- Raise the rear axle with a hydraulic jack to align the ball joint with the differential housing bracket.
- Insert the ball joint into the differential housing bracket.
- Install the ball joint pinch bolt and tighten to 70 ft. lbs. (95 Nm).
- Remove the supports and lower the vehicle.