On vehicles equipped with airbags, disable the airbag system before attempting any steering wheel, steering column, or instrument panel component diagnosis or service. Disconnect and isolate the battery negative (ground) cable, then wait two minutes for the airbag system capacitor to discharge before performing further diagnosis or service. This is the only sure way to disable the airbag system. Failure to take the proper precautions could result in an accidental airbag deployment and possible personal injury.
- Disconnect and isolate the negative battery cable.
- Remove the center bezel from the instrument panel.
- Remove the four screws that secure the A/C-heater control to the instrument panel.
- Pull the A/C-heater control away from the instrument panel far enough to access the connections on the back of the control.
- Disconnect the vacuum harness from the A/C-heater control.
- Disconnect the wire harness connectors from the A/C-heater control.
- Connect the two wire harness connectors and one vacuum connector into the back of the A/C-heater control.
- Position the A/C-heater control onto the instrument panel and install the retaining screws. Tighten the screws to 20 inch lbs. (2.2 Nm).
- Install the instrument panel center bezel.
- Reconnect the negative battery cable.
- Perform the A/C-Heater Control Calibration procedure.