Removal & Installation
Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions section.
CAUTIONHigh pressure lines deliver diesel fuel under extreme pressure from the injection pump to the fuel injectors. This may be as high as 23,200 psi.(1600 bar). Use extreme caution when inspecting for high pressure fuel leaks. Fuel under this amount of pressure can penetrate skin causing personal injury or death. Inspect for high pressure fuel leaks with a sheet of cardboard. Wear safety goggles and adequate protective clothing when servicing fuel system.
- Disconnect negative battery cable.
- Remove engine cover and bracket assembly.
Disconnect fuel pressure sensor electrical connector.
NOTEIf fuel rail is being replaced it is necessary to replace the fuel rail solenoid.
- Disconnect the fuel rail solenoid electrical connector.
- Disconnect fuel rail return line at fuel rail.
- Disconnect fuel high pressure line from injection pump to fuel rail at fuel rail.
- Disconnect fuel high pressure line from fuel rail to fuel injector at fuel rail.
Remove fuel rail retaining bolts and remove rail from cylinder head cover/intake manifold
The fuel rail solenoid must be replaced upon removal. When replacing fuel lines or solenoid it is necessary to counterhold and correctly torque the fitting. Refer to the proper procedure.
- Replace the fuel rail solenoid.
- Install the fuel pressure sensor.
- Install fuel rail on cylinder head cover/intake manifold. Torque retaining bolts to 27 Nm.
- Connect injector high pressure fuel lines at fuel rail.
- Connect fuel rail high pressure fuel line at fuel rail.
- Connect fuel rail fuel return line at fuel rail.
- Connect fuel pressure sensor electrical connector.
- Install engine cover and bracket assembly.
- Connect negative battery cable.