Removal & Installation
Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions section.
CAUTIONHigh pressure lines deliver diesel fuel under extreme pressure from the injection pump to the fuel injectors. This may be as high as 23,200 psi.(1600 bar). Use extreme caution when inspecting for high pressure fuel leaks. Fuel under this amount of pressure can penetrate skin causing personal injury or death. Inspect for high pressure fuel leaks with a sheet of cardboard. Wear safety goggles and adequate protective clothing when servicing fuel system.
- Disconnect negative battery cable.
- Remove engine cover.
Disconnect injector electrical connector.
WARNINGRepeated mounting of the retaining ring is not permitted.
- Remove fuel return line from injector.
- Remove fuel injector high pressure line.
Remove fuel injector retainer and retaining bolt.
NOTEDO NOT use a wire brush to clean the fuel injector or nozzle. Possible restriction of the injector needle may result.
Remove fuel injector from cylinder head.
NOTEIf the fuel injectors will not come out of the cylinder head, assemble and install injector extractor special tool VM 9075A on to injector and cylinder head.
- Install fuel injector in cylinder head with new seal and O-ring.
- Install fuel injector retainer and bolt. Torque bolt to 32 Nm.
- Install fuel injector high pressure line.
- Install fuel return line to injector.
- Connect fuel injector electrical connector.
- Install engine cover and bracket assembly.
- Connect negative battery cable.
- Start the engine, allow to warm, turn off the ignition, inspect for leaks.