Removal & Installation
- Disconnect the negative cable from the battery.
- Raise vehicle on hoist.
- Remove front splash shield.
- Disconnect oil pressure sender connector.
Remove the pressure sender.
- Install oil pressure sender.
- Connect oil pressure sender wire.
- Install front splash shield.
- Lower vehicle.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
Low oil pressure (less than 10 psi) will close the switch, creating a circuit that includes the warning light. The light will go on when the switch is closed.
Disconnect the harness wire(s) from the sensor. Connect a jumper wire from the harness wire to ground on the engine (if single wire) or across the two harness wires.
Turn the ignition switch ON . The low oil pressure warning light should go ON. Disconnect the jumper. The light should go OFF. If the lamp does not light when the circuit is completed, suspect a burned out bulb or wiring problem.
With the engine
and oil pressure "zero", check for continuity across the switch body. On single-terminal switches, check continuity between the switch terminal and ground on the switch body or engine block. On two-terminal switches, check for continuity between the two terminals. In either case, there should be continuity. If not, replace the switch.