Removal & Installation
- Remove the air cleaner upper cover, housing, and clean air tube.
- Raise the vehicle on hoist.
- Remove the accessory drive belts.
- Remove the crankshaft vibration damper.
- Remove the air conditioner/generator belt tensioner and pulley assembly.
- Remove the timing belt lower front cover bolts and remove cover.
- Lower the vehicle.
- Remove the bolts attaching timing belt upper front cover and remove cover.
- Install timing belt front covers and bolts.
- Install air conditioning/generator belt tensioner and pulley.
- Install crankshaft vibration damper.
- Install accessory drive belts.
- Install drive belt splash shield.
- Install air cleaner housing, upper cover, and clean air tube.
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions section.
- Disconnect negative battery cable.
- Remove engine cover.
- Remove cooling fan and fan drive viscous clutch assembly.
- Remove accessory drive belt.
- Remove cooling fan support.
- Remove vibration damper.
- Remove timing belt outer cover.
- Installation is the reverse of removal.