Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions section.
- Raise and support the vehicle.
- Remove the wheel and tire assemblies.
- Position a hydraulic jack under the axle to support it.
- Remove the front shocks at the lower mountings.
- Remove the Anti-lock Brake System (ABS) wire mounting brackets at the axle, if equipped.
Remove lower suspension arms mounting nuts and bolts from the frame.
- Remove the track bar from the axle bracket.
- Remove the right side of the drag link from the right side knuckle.
Lower the axle until the spring is free from the upper mount.
NOTERotation of the spring and prying down slightly on the axle will aid in removal.
- Remove the coil spring retainer clip and remove the spring.
- Remove the upper spring isolator, if needed.
- Pull jounce bumper out of mount, if needed.
- Install jounce bumper into mount.
Install the spring isolator.
NOTERotation of the spring and prying down slightly on the axle will aid in installation.
- Position the coil spring on the axle pad. It may be necessary to rotate the spring while installing.
- Install the spring retainer clip and bolt. Tighten bolt to 16 ft. lbs. (21 Nm).<