Removal & Installation
The track bar is used on Wrangler models.
- Raise and support the vehicle.
- Remove the cotter pin and nut from the ball stud end at the frame rail bracket .
- Use a universal puller tool to separate the track bar ball stud from the frame rail bracket.
- Remove the bolt and flag nut from the axle bracket .
- Remove the track bar
- Install the track bar at axle tube bracket. Loosely install the retaining bolt and flag nut.
- It may be necessary to pry the axle assembly over to install the track bar at the frame rail. Install track bar at the frame rail bracket. Install the retaining nut on the stud.
- Tighten the ball stud nut to 60 ft. lbs. (81 Nm) and install a new cotter pin.
- Remove the supports and lower the vehicle.
- Tighten the bolt at the axle bracket to 40 ft. lbs. (47 Nm).
- Check alignment if a new track bar was installed.