Outer Tie Rods
- Raise and support the vehicle.
Remove the tire and wheel assembly.
NOTEMark the tie rod end jam nuts on the steering gear for easier installation.
- Loosen the tie rod end jam nut .
- Remove the outer tie rod end nut .
Separate the outer tie rod end from the knuckle using tool C3894A.
NOTECount the number of turns when removing.
- Remove the outer tie rod end from the inner tie rod .
- Install the outer tie rod end to the inner tie rod end to the exact number of turns that it was removed .
- Install the outer tie rod end to the knuckle. Tighten the nut to 80 ft. lbs. (108 Nm).
- Tighten the jam nut to 55 ft. lbs. (76 Nm).
- Install the tire and wheel assembly.
- Reset the toe and center the steering wheel.