Removal & Installation
The accelerometer is a part of the stability control system, which is an integral part of the ABS system on models so equipped.
When installing a new accelerometer, the Anti-lock Brake System (ABS) module must be configured (using vehicle as-built data) and calibrated. Follow the diagnostic tool directions for the calibration procedures.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the floor console.
- Remove the heater duct.
- Disconnect the accelerometer electrical connector.
- Remove the accelerometer electrical harness retainer and position aside.
- Remove the 2 accelerometer nuts and the accelerometer.
Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure.