The Cylinder Head Temperature (CHT) sensor sends a signal reading of the current temperature of the cylinder head.
Removal & Installation
- Remove the alternator, as outlined in the Engine Electrical Section.
- Disconnect the Cylinder Head Temperature (CHT) sensor electrical connector.
- Remove the CHT sensor.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure.
- Tighten the CHT sensor into the head to 19 ft. lbs. (26 Nm).
- With the key in OFF position and the CHT sensor connector disconnected, measure the resistance between the sensor pins.
Normal resistance at normal operating temperature is approximately 2.75 k-ohms.