The HO2S perform the following:
The catalyst monitor sensor:
Removal & Installation
Left side sensor
- Raise and support the vehicle.
Right side sensor
- Remove the right front wheel and tire assembly and/or the heat shield.
- Position aside the right front fender splash shield.
- Detach the electrical connector.
- Using the special tool, remove the sensor from the exhaust pipe or converter.
Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure.
NOTEApply a light coat of anti-seize lubricant to the threads of the sensor.
- Tighten the sensor to 30 ft. lbs. (41 Nm).
- If removed, install the heat shield and tighten the bolts to 15 ft. lbs. (20 Nm).