Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the precautions in the beginning of this section.
- Drain the engine oil and coolant.
Remove or disconnect the following:
Battery ground cable
- Apply silicone gasket and sealant along the cylinder head to block surface and the oil pan to cylinder block surface.
- Install the engine front cover on the front cover to cylinder block dowel and loosely install the bolts.
Tighten the front cover bolts and stud bolts in the sequence shown.
- Install a new crankshaft front oil seal.
Loosely install the pan-to-cover bolts, then, tighten the bolts in two stages, inner bolts first.
Step 1: Tighten to 20 Nm (15 ft. lbs.)
- The remainder of installation is the reverse of removal.