- Remove the heater core. See -Heater Core- section.
- Remove the 5 outer evaporator core cover screws (1).
- Remove the 6 inner evaporator core cover screws (2).
- Separate the evaporator core cover (3) from the heater core and evaporator core housing. Discard the rope seal.
Remove the evaporator core.
Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure, noting the following:
- Apply a bead of RTV sealant around the entire evaporator core housing groove joint in place of the rope seal.
- Tighten the evaporator core cover screws in a diagonal pattern to distribute the RTV sealant evenly.