Diagnosis & Testing
- Verify the customer concern.
- Visually inspect for obvious signs of mechanical or electrical damage.
- Check for mechanical failure of the latches.
- Check for open (blown fuses) in the battery junction box (BJB).
- Check for open (blown fuses) in the central junction box (CJB).
- Check for opens, disconnects, or pinched or broken wiring in the circuitry.
- Look for failed relays.
- Check the condition and operation of the remote keyless entry (RKE) transmitter and RKE keypad.
- Verify proper operation of the vehicle security system and module.
Removal & Installation
Power Door Locks
Remove the front door ajar switch as follows:
- Remove the front door latch. See -Door Lock Switch (Door Latch)- in this section.
- Release the locking tab and remove the front door ajar switch.
- Remove the front door lock actuator.
Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure.
Remove the front door trim panel as follows:
- Remove the front door handle bezel.
- Remove the front door window/lock control switch bezel.
- Disconnect the window/lock control switch electrical connectors.
Remove the 3 front door trim panel screws.
CAUTIONTo avoid damaging the trim panel, do not pull directly outward to carry out this step.
- Lift the door trim panel by pulling directly upward on the armrest to disengage the panel clips.
- Remove the exterior mirror control switch from the front door trim panel.
- Position the watershield aside.
- Disconnect the exterior front door handle actuating rod.
- Disconnect the front door latch jumper harness electrical connectors.
- Disconnect the door harness electrical connector.
If equipped, disconnect the disarm switch electrical connector and separate the locator from the door frame.
- Remove the front door speaker.
- Remove the 4 bolts.
- Disconnect the speaker electrical connector.
- Open the clip and disconnect the front door lock lever rod from the interior door handle.
- Remove the bolt and position the interior front door handle away from the door frame.
- Release the interior front door handle cable from the locators.
- Remove the 3 front door latch screws.
- Disconnect the front door ajar switch electrical connector and remove the front door latch.
Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure, noting the following:
3 front door latch screws: tighten to 9 ft. lbs. (12 Nm)