- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Remove the inner CV-joint and housing from the halfshaft.
- Remove the inner boot from the halfshaft.
- Remove the outer boot clamp protectors and carefully remove the boot clamps.
- Remove the outer boot from the halfshaft and inspect the grease for contamination.
- If the grease is contaminated, clean and inspect the joint for wear. Replace the joint and shaft if worn or damaged.
- Place the new CV-joint boot on the shaft.
- Using 5.82 ounces (165 grams) of suitable CV-joint grease, pack the outer CV-joint with grease, then spread the remaining grease inside the boot.
- Clean the boot mounting surface and position the boot in the joint grooves.
- Place the clamps in position and use CV Boot Clamp Installer T95P-3514-A or equivalent, to install the boot clamps.
- Place the clamp protectors over the boot clamps.
- Install the inner boot on the halfshaft.
- Install the inner CV-joint and housing on the halfshaft.
- Install the halfshaft in the vehicle.
- Road test the vehicle and check for proper operation.