6.0L Diesel Engine
Make sure the ignition switch is in the OFF position prior to working on the electronic engine controls.
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions section.
- Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position.
- Drain the engine cooling system.
- Disconnect the cooling fan electrical connector.
- Disconnect the engine coolant temperature (ECT) electrical connector.
- Remove the ECT sensor and discard the O-ring seal.
Apply clean engine oil to the new O-ring seal prior to installation.
- Using a new O-ring seal, install the ECT sensor.
- Tighten to 18 Nm (13 lb-ft).
- Connect the ECT sensor electrical connector.
- Connect the cooling fan electrical connector.
- Fill and bleed the engine cooling system.