Removal & Installation
- Raise and safely support the vehicle.
- Vehicles with automatic transmission: Remove the fluid level indicator. Remove the transmission fluid fill tube nut. Position aside the transmission fluid filler tube.
Remove the turbocharger heat shield.
NOTEIt will be necessary to position aside or remove the heat insulating wrap.
Disconnect the injector pressure regulator (IPR) valve electrical connector.
NOTEUse a 1 3 / 8 inch 12-point deep flare nut crowfoot wrench to remove the valve.
Remove the IPR valve.
- To install, reverse the removal procedure. Apply clean engine oil to the IPR valve prior to installing it. Torque the IPR to 50 Nm (37 ft. lbs.).
- Remove the turbocharger intake tube.
Remove the fuel injector control module (FICM). For additional information, refer to the procedure in this section.
- Remove the retaining nuts and the rear FICM bracket.
- Remove the retaining nuts from the heat shield bracket. Position the ground wire aside.
- Disconnect the wiring retainer from the back of the heat shield bracket.
- Remove the bolts and the heat shield bracket.
- Remove the intake manifold stud.
- Position back the injection pressure regulator (IPR) valve electrical connector heat insulating wrap.
- Disconnect the IPR valve electrical connector.
- Disconnect the snap and remove the heat insulating wrap.
Remove the IPR valve.
NOTEIt is necessary to re-install the heat insulating wrap on the IPR valve.
To install, reverse the removal procedure. Apply clean engine oil to the IPR valve prior to installing. Observe the following torques:
IPR: 50 Nm (37 ft. lbs.)
Disconnect the charge air cooler inlet and outlet pipes.
- Label and disconnect the intake air temperature (IAT) sensor electrical connector, manifold absolute pressure (MAP) sensor electrical connector and the pressure hoses.
Loosen the clamps. Remove the compressor manifold.
- Remove and discard the compressor manifold O-ring seal.
- Remove the fuel filter/water separator. For additional information, refer to Fuel/Water Separator R&I.
Disconnect the electrical connector from the oil pressure regulator.
- Remove the pressure regulator from the high-pressure oil pump.
- Follow the removal procedure in reverse order. Torque to 6 Nm (53 inch lbs.).